Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I learn Face Yoga? Face Yoga is taught by Susan Forma, Certified Face Yoga Method Instructor. She offers private sessions either in person or via Skype, or you can attend a class that she is teaching. Please refer to the current schedule for locations. You are also welcome to form a class of your own in your home if you are in the south Florida area, or create a workshop in your area.
- How often do I need to practice Face Yoga for results? Results will vary per person and will differ based on the condition of your muscles, age, and how often you practice. Like with any other muscle in your body, you wouldn't work out once and expect to see results. It is recommended that you practice for at least a few minutes in the morning and a few minutes before bed. Your practice could take as little as 10 minutes and still produce wonderful results. Since the exercises require no equipment or setup, they can be performed virtually anywhere -- while driving in a car, while doing dishes or watching tv, even in the shower! Learning to isolate the facial muscles takes time and consistent practice. Once you've mastered the moves, you will find yourself practicing more often.
- Do I have to practice all of the postures daily? No, just choose a few each time to practice. You'll find that you have your favorites that you do all the time, and some which may be more difficult to do. Sometimes, the postures that are most difficult are the ones that you should be practicing more often. The difficulty is showing you where you are holding tension that needs to be released.
- I notice that one side of my face is different than the other. Can this be corrected? Yes! One of the many benefits of Face Yoga, by Susan Forma is creating symmetry in the face. Oftentimes we don't realize that we are lifting one eyebrow while speaking or talking out of one side of our mouth. The more you become aware of the individual muscles and how you are using them, the more symmetry you can create by isolating and toning them. Taking before and after pictures will be helpful in showing you the changes you've created over time.
- Do I have to take Before and After Pics? It is highly recommended to take before and after pictures when practicing Face Yoga, by Susan Forma. If you went to the gym and lifted weights for your larger body muscles, you'd easily be able to see the muscle enlarging as you worked out and, over time, the toning effects of your efforts. The muscles of the face are very small and flat, and the results can be very subtle. It is easy to forget the way you used to look before beginning your Face Yoga practice without a picture to compare your results.
- I've seen Face Yoga videos on YouTube. Why do I need a teacher to instruct me? This is a great question. The truth is, you could learn different poses from watching Youtube and practice by yourself. However, most people aren't aware of the 60 muscles in their face, let alone how to properly isolate and tone them. Susan teaches over 70 poses, each designed to target specific muscles of the face and have certain results. Having a Certified Face Yoga Method Teacher gives you personal interaction and guidance, together with motivation. Susan will give you targeted and personalized exercises and teach you to do them correctly so that you don't create unwanted lines on your face. If you've ever attended a yoga class, you know that the most subtle adjustments to your positioning by a teacher can make all the difference in the world. The same is true for Face Yoga. And, just like attending a traditional yoga class, the relaxing atmosphere that's created during a Face Yoga session will have you returning for more. The truth is, there simply is no substitute for the one-on-one guidance (and corrections) from a professional.
- If I have specific parts of my face that need special attention will that be addressed? Absolutely. Let Susan know what your areas of concern are prior to beginning a private session so that a program can be designed specifically for you. Susan will also be teaching theme classes such as Nasolabial Folds, Lifting the Cheeks, All about the Mouth, For Men Only, etc.
- Is there any information given about more natural products to use on the face and what to eat for healthier skin? Yes! Susan Forma is also an AADP Board Certified Holistic Health Coach with a vast amount of knowledge in creating a healthy life. Special workshops will be offered which include healthier options for skin care, home products, and eating for optimal health. Susan is also available for individual health coaching sessions.
- Is there any science or evidence that Face Yoga works? Yes. We know that moving and exercising muscles creates more circulation and blood flow to the area. This delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the areas being worked. Below is a before and after thermographic image showing increased blood flow to the face after just three sets of holding the "Big O" posture for 10 seconds per set:
Lift Your Face, Lift Your Life
Copyright 2017 All Rights Reserved